About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, December 8, 2008

And The Stockings Were Hung

I'm a little slow posting my report for the second half of Judy's quiltathon, but the new grandbaby needed to be snuggled today and a grandmama has to have priorities.
Last year daughter-in-law #2 asked for a tree skirt and stockings for Christmas and I was more than happy to make them for her. I had fabric left over from that project, so I thought that I would make another stocking to match the others for the little cowboy who will be arriving around Christmas time. The pattern that I used is from Eleanor Burns' book Christmas at Bear Paw Ranch, but a similar smaller version is also offered for free online on the Quilt In a Day Free Pattern Page.

4 comments:

Jean said...

That is so cute...lucky baby! Have you made a quilt for him? If you have posted about it already, sorry...

Deb said...

Susan, you are a wonderful grandmama!

Anonymous said...

Lovely stocking and a wonderful ideas. I made my daughter a stocking as a once off from my head, then of couse when son was born I had to use it as a pattern for him. Then hubby asked if he could have one so we have 4 of them lined up now. LOL Even the dogs have a tiny stocking (bought 1 year) which hang up too.

Barb said...

Stockings are so fun to make, and can be very creative...makes those creative juices really flow! I like this one, thanks for sharing with us!

Blog Archive