About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Today's The Day!

Today is the day that I have been waiting for...it's the Carol Doak paper piecing workshop! There are two half day workshops and I am signed up for both. The morning workshop is an introduction to paper piecing which will cover the basics of paper piecing. Hopefully I will learn where I have been making the mistakes in the paper pieced Dear Jane blocks that I have been working on. In the afternoon class we will be making a mariner's compass star block from her new book Mariner's Compass Stars. I've always admired the mariner's compass patterns, but have shied away from them...mainly because they just look so doggone hard! Paper piecing has to be the way to go for these kinds of stars...I guess I'll find out soon enough!

No comments:

Blog Archive