About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

"Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy."

It was 35 years ago that I carefully printed that saying out with a crayon on a plain piece of paper and gave it to my daddy for Father's Day. That saying held special meaning for us because my daddy wasn't my biological father, but there was never any question that he was my daddy in every other sense of the word. There were many Father's Day gifts after that, some memorable, but probably not any as memorable as that first crayoned message. This is the first Father's Day since my daddy passed away and it feels strange not to have been searching for that perfect Father's Day gift, but I know that I never could have given him a Father's Day gift that would even come close to the gift that he gave to me...a loving, caring father. I miss him immensely.

No comments:

Blog Archive