About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Quilters Are Everywhere!

Thanks to a kitchen remodel, cutting and hauling firewood, and just general cold, dry, winter weather, my hands are a sore cracked mess!  I stopped into our local drug store the other day to shop for some heavy duty hand cream.  I was standing in front of shelves and shelves of lotions when a clerk asked if she could help me.  I told her what I was looking for and she recommended O'Keeffe's Working Hands by saying, "Quilters swear by it!"  Confused, I asked how she knew I was a quilter, but as it turned out she was also a quilter speaking from her own experience.  Of course, that led to a half hour conversation about quilting, an invitation for her to join the guild, and me leaving the store with some quilter recommend hand cream (which is helping heal my dried out hands)!

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Good stuff! It's always fun to run into another stitcher or quilter while shopping!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I'll have to look for that. Thanks for the recommendation. Glad you made a new quilter friend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is too funny! You must have had a surprised look on your face when she said quilters love it. It is always good to know about a product that really works.

Gypsy Quilter said...

That looks like good stuff. I also use Liquid Band-aid which can be found in the Dollar Store. It stings, but covers and seals the cracks on my fingers. Thanks for sharing.

QuiltShopGal said...

My take is OKeefe is not a terribly bad cream, but I've found it to be inferior to many moisterizers, especially when you look at the dollar value. Check out Udderly Smooth moisterizers, as it is one that I think provides the biggest value for the $$. Neutragena also has some great moisteizers, but their "line" of Neutragena norweigen moisterizers really has a good value. Still, Udderly Smooth,made in the USA is my absolute favorite and the best value I've found for quilters, or anyone.

QuiltShopGal
www.quitlshopgal.com

Elana Robin said...

What a great story!! I was once in a department store buying make-up when a lovely woman working behind one of the counters recommended this product to me. I bought make-up and ran out to get this amazing hand saver.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, how funny. I don't think I've seen the O'Keefe's brand around here. Hmmmm -- glad your hands are healing!

Deb said...

Isn't it amazing how connects begin, one small conversation can lead to a life time of friendship.

Blog Archive