About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, May 11, 2015

The First Charm Pack?

I always thought that charm packs and pre-cuts were a relatively new thing to the quilting world, but when I was sorting though the bags of fabric and craft items that were given to me a couple of weeks ago, I found a charm pack, complete with instructions for making either a quilt, placemats, pillow, or a tennis racket cover!  The copyright date on the pattern page is 1975!  While the squares are 6" square instead of 5", they still have the same pinked edges.  The other difference from these squares from the charm packs of today is that they are 50% polyester/50% cotton.  I'm thinking I should really make something with these squares.  I don't play tennis, so I probably won't be making a tennis racket cover.  What would you suggest I do with them?

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I would probably go with placemats or a table runner.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Placemats or a small throw quilt ... Interesting find!

Blog Archive