About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Favorite Colors

The Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild recently formed a Modern Quilt Group.  At our first meeting we did a color study and put together a 25 patch block that contained the colors that we use most in our quilts.  The discussion that followed was quite interesting. We talked about what colors we liked, what colors we didn't use and why, and what colors we should try to use more often. I learned quite a bit about myself and my friends too!  At the end of the meeting we were discussing what we should do with our blocks and this month's assignment was born...make something from your block!  Add to it, take away from it, whatever it takes to turn it into something usable.  Now to see if I can get a little more creative than simply turning my block into a potholder.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

add dozens and dozens more of the little squares and turn it into a huge quilt :)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Sounds like this meeting was quite informative and fun! Looking forward to seeing how you process this challenge block into something usable.

Needled Mom said...

What a fun project! A zippered pouch maybe?????

Jean said...

Interesting project. I will look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Blog Archive