About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Mini Amish Quilt

I put this mini Amish quilt together as a practice piece so a friend could teach me how to hand quilt without a hoop.  It took me twice as long as it should have to finish, because I ripped out all the quilting that I did first and started over. However, I'm much happier with what I have shown here than I was with my first attempt.  I don't know that I will ever be a hand quilter, but I do like the hoopless quilting method, especially for quilts like this that are too small for a hoop!

10 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

You did a great job! Like you, I've done one hand quilting project and don't know that I'd ever call myself a hand quilter. It's my most favorite project though.

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful and the colors are so pretty.

Gypsy Quilter said...

A very nice piece. Your stitches look beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Terry said...

It's fabulous! I love it! :0)

Jean(ie) said...

Looks great to me. What do you do differently to quilt without a hoop?

evelyn said...

Wow, it is beautiful. Love the colours, and your quilting is great.
I hand quilt things that I will keep, but I machine quilt things that I will give away. Not really selfish, just practical, as I know most of the quilts will be thrown in the washer and maybe the dryer. (eeek)

Betsy said...

It is fabulous. I have been wanting to make my daughter an Amish mini

Denise :) said...

Susan, this is lovely. Beautiful colors -- so dramatic! :)

MamaT said...

Your stitches Re beautiful! I see a new future ahead for you!

Rene' said...

I love the amish mini, and your stitches look perfect to me. The hand quilting really adds a nice touch, doesn't it?

Blog Archive