About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Do You Recognize This Quilt Pattern?

My cousin (Cheryl of Quilts & Art by Cheryl) is trying to find some information about the quilt shown in this photo.  The quilt was made by Cheryl's great grandmother sometime before 1964 in northern Pennsylvania as a gift for Cheryl's mother.  Unfortunately, the quilt is no longer in existence, which has prompted Cheryl to try and duplicate it for her mother. There's no question that a pattern could be drafted by studying the photo, but making a reproduction would be much easier if she had a block name and pattern...can anyone identify it?

Thanks to Murial in Ontario, Canada we have an answer to the mystery!  The name of the quilt is Chinese Box and a pattern very similar to the quilt in the photo can be found online at Quilted Indigo.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ann said...

Can you do a line drawing and send it to me? I have a great old book and it could be several of patterns. Sunflowerfpc@yahoo.com

Needled Mom said...

I have no idea, but it looks like a great pattern.

Cheryl said...

Thank you Susan for posting about this ,and tell Murial Of Ontario,Canada the same for finding itIt really is very, very close except the center of Grandma's has a cross in it ,so we are assuming she changed it herself to make it different .
I will be trying my hand at making the replacement soon after the holidays .

Blog Archive