About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Monster Cookies

The cookie monsters that hang around my house really gobble these up fast!

Monster Cookies

1/4 cup butter flavored shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup M&M's (plus a few extras for decoration)

In a large bowl, cream shortening and peanut butter together and add brown sugar and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking soda, flour and oatmeal, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips and M&M's. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2" apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly by pressing the dough with the bottom of a glass and press three extra M&M's on the top of each for decoration. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or just until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown.

6 comments:

Julia said...

Yummy! You could send some of those monsters my way!

Jocelyn said...

Yum, my family loves cookies with M&M's! Actually they like anything with M&M's.

~Laurie~ said...

Thanks for the recipe - I'm always looking for something new for my summer crew home from school!! This looks really good!!

Anonymous said...

They look so colourful as well as tasty.

Mary L. said...

Haven't made monster cookies in years. My kids used to love them.

Jean said...

Those look so good. I used to make those when the kids were home.

Blog Archive