About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mama and grandmama getting through life by hanging on to a needle and thread.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Border Ideas?

My two oldest granddaughters each gave me a wonderful quilt block printed with their original artwork for Christmas. Two blocks aren't quite enough to make a quilt, so I think I will to make each into a little wall hanging to display in my sewing room. The blocks are 8 1/4 x 6 1/4 and I would like to add some kind of pieced borders to dress them up a bit, but not anything so busy that it will distract from the artwork. Does anyone have border suggestions for these two beautiful blocks?

4 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Those are sweet blocks. What about combining them together into one hanging (they are colour co-ordinated) and the sashings and borders need to be simple to match the artwork. Perhaps just 2" squares picking up the colours from the blocks and a solid colour for the border?

Jean said...

Those are so adorable. Who helped them with that?I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Anonymous said...

What about a narrow red and then a larger blue as close a match as possible for the apple one, and a narrow dark blue border then a patchwork of blue and white china looking fabrics to complement the lower one and band and bind both in a darker blue and hang them side by side?

Love to see what you come up with -it's a lovely idea of theirs.

Casey said...

how sweet! I'm not sure what to add as a border but that's is such a great gift to receive!

Blog Archive